American Rivers has released their 'Americas Most Endangered Rivers' listing for 2015:
1. Colorado River/Grand Canyon: industrial-scale construction, radioactive pollution, expansion of groundwater pumping cause this one to top the list.
2. Columbia River/Oregon: outdated dam operations moved us to No. 2.
3. Holston River/Tennessee: toxic chemical pollution.
4. Smith River/Montana: mining, acid mine drainage and toxic heavy metals.
5. Edisto River/South Carolina: agricultural withdrawal.
6. Chuitna River/Alaska: open pit coal mining near the headwaters.
7. Rogue/Smith Rivers: nickel mining
8. St Louis River/Minnesota: copper-nickel sulfide mining
9. Harpeth River/Tennessee: sewage/water treatment facilities
10. Pearl River/Louisiana: dams